Qualifications are important. However, finding a solid, professional agent means getting beyond the resume, and into what makes an agent effective. Use the following questions as your starting point in hiring your licensed, professional real estate agent:
- Do you have experience selling houses like mine?
- Are you full or part time?
- How many houses do you personally sell in a year?
- How many active listings do you have in inventory?
- What is your area of focus?
- Tell me about your negotiating skills, specifically low offers and home inspections.
- Tell me about your communication skills.
- How involved will you be throught the process?
- Can you show me your marketing plan?
Questions to Ask Yourself When Considering Selling
- Am I ready, willing, and able to sell now?
- What's important to me when selling? Price, convenience, communication, security?
- Do I have realistic expectations about the value of my home and what I need to do to prepare the house for sale?
- Do I need help preparing the house for sale? Packing? Moving Furniture? Who is available to help?
- What kind of person do I want representing me as my agent?
- How much do I need to net after the sale?
Click HERE to download these questions.